메뉴 건너뛰기

SAP 한국 커뮤니티

HANA Trial-30일버젼

sapjoy 2013.09.16 08:17 조회 수 : 10304

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28394 

The SAP HANA Developer Center now offers a 30-day trial SAP HANA system hosted on Cloudshare - providing developers with everything they need to develop creative applications on HANA. If you have any questions about the 30-day trial offering, start from here:

General

HANA 30-day Trial

Q: Who can get access to a HANA Trial?

A: Everyone who is not an SAP employee and is interested in getting his/her hands on HANA and has not already had a 30-day trial period is welcome to participate.

If you are an SAP employee please join the internal HANA Content Developers community and benefit from free and unlimited access to the internal HANA Sandbox landscape.

Q: How do I get access?

A: From the SAP HANA Developer Center page, click Sign up for a free 30-day trial, and follow the instructions on the page.

Q: How long does it take between request access and receiving access?

A: At the end of the process you will be instantaneously provisioned an image on Cloudshare. You just need to login to Cloudshare to access the environment.

Q: How is the infrastructure setup?

A: You have your personal HANA system that sits on Cloudshare infrastructure. In addition, you are also provisioned to a client desktop on Cloudshare. You can choose to work from the cloud desktop or from your local machine.

Q: What systems and software are provided?

A: HANA server contains the standard HANA database (latest release) and is pre-loaded with demo data and software samples.

The cloud desktop contains the tools that you need to develop on HANA:

·         HANA Studio
HANA Integrated Development Environment to create tables, model views, implement functions, etc.

·         HANA Client Libraries
ODBC/ODBO/JDBC drivers to connect to HANA DB from MS Excel or Java programs

The HANA developer landscape does not contain:

·         Any SAP HANA Application

·         Any ERP or CRM system

·         SLT or Sybase Replication

·         SAP Business Objects Data Services

·         The full SAP Business Objects Suite (just AAO and Explorer)

Q: Can I connect to HANA without using the cloud desktop?

A: Yes. You can connect to your HANA server from your local machine using Cloudshare's external hostname.

Q: Where can I get help?

A: For general questions post them to the forum: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/content

For very specific questions send an email to mailto:devcenter@sap.com

Q: I can’t get my cloud-hosted client system to work, what can it be?

A: Unfortunately most corporate firewalls won’t allow you to use RDP, which your client system requires. Try to connect from outside your company’s corporate network.

Q: What can I do on the HANA Sandbox?

A: If this is your first time ever on HANA, watch the Getting Started video and consult the Development Guide or SAP HANA Pocket Book for Developers . You can load data (avoid loading confidential data as the HANA sandbox systems are shared by multiple developers!), you can create tables and models, you can explore how to build HANA applications using pre-loaded data or data that you have loaded. You are welcome to try anything you think off. If you crash a HANA sandbox, tell us how you did it and don’t worry, we will restart the sandbox.

Q: What happens to my code or application that I develop?

A: Your code is yours. If you want to share your code, you can use any public repository such as Github. If you want to take it to the next level, e.g. bring it to the marketplace, visit this page.

Q: Will my data/code be backed-up?

A: You are responsible to do the back up.

Q: How do I reset my HANA studio password?

A: In order to reset your self-chosen password, follow these steps:

1.     Close HANA studio.

2.     Delete the folder c:usersadministrator.eclipse

3.     Start HANA studio.

4.     Edit your connection properties - enter the username and password we sent in your initial invitation.

5.     When prompted, choose any password for the secure storage, enter it twice. This is the password you will have to enter every time you start the studio.

Q: I deleted my environment, can I restore it?

A: You have to contact support@cloudshare.com, provide your email address and the product (SAP HANA) to them so they can re-provision an image for you,

Q: What happens after 30 days? Can I request access again?

A: No. The test and trial access is provided for free to all people interested in getting their hands on HANA for a maximum of 30 days. You can purchase the developer license directly from your Cloudshare dashboard or you can get it from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Korea Telecom, or Portugal Telecom. SAP will not charge you for the license but you will be responsible for the operation cost.